Friday, September 20, 2013

Savannah Coronet-Jacques

This week we have the pleasure of talking with a country gal from South Carolina! She gives her all each time she performs in Second Life and makes us smile with her strong vocals. Kick your shoes off, leave your hat at the door, and sit down a spell. Let's get to know Savannah Coronet better!














Tell about yourself, Savvy.  Who is the lady that we hear perform and entertain us?
Well ... What a deep subject!  Although I stay fairly busy in Second Life on stage performing, I do spend some time with my Second Life husband Jac Jacques and our family and friends.  Jac is so supportive of everything I do in both worlds and he is my love.  Also I have been breeding Amaretto horses since October 2010 and they are currently not too happy because I have been so busy in Real Life.  Real Life Savvy is a single mom of a beautiful 5 year old boy named Waylon.  With the help of “Nanny” aka BettyJean, I am now in school full time and pretty much perform a full schedule in Second Life. Thanks Mom, I love you!  I am working on a degree in General Technology with a Major in Cosmetology.  Going back to school has helped me regain focus on life.  Although, I will have a career in Cosmetology, singing will always be in my life in some way.  I also love to bowl and have been bowling since I was 14 years old.  I worked in the bowling business for 15 years.  Now, I just bowl in one league a week and my son has started his league as well.  He loves bowling like mommy.  My real first name is Felicia, if anyone had ever wondered.  I share my life with my friends in Second Life and what I feel in my heart while logged in is the same when I log out.
When did you start singing, Savvy? 
I started singing in middle school.  I got involved with school plays.  I was in the chorus line in the first play I was in Give my regards to broadway The second part I landed I will never forget.  I was a female Jesse James named Wild Prairie Rose in the musical Rogue of the Railway.  My feature performance of  “Rose with plenty of thorns” was a sassy number that caught the attention of a local Opry House… and here I am!
Take a look at this photo, starting with the handsome guy on the far left, who are these folks?
Well that handsome fella is my SL husband Jac Jacques.  Then we have on the top row ... me, Skeat Abonwood – she works the floor for me when she can and she knows her stuff!, Starlight Marville – Red Headed Sin Wagon Driver/Tag Slinger … watch out!, Dametria Arebello – Dame keeps the girls shakin and looking good on stage!, Miyushu Babii - #1Tag Slinger ,started out as my manager and now keeps the crowd rolling as a dancer, Adam Spark – Savvy’s Bartender/Tag Slinger ... Adam has a great motto “Love Everyone”, Ariradel Spark – Awesome DJ/Savvy Dancer and host as well as one of my SL sisters ... Ari keeps Adam in line, he can get rowdy with that Jack Daniels. On the bottom we have Jon Jacques – Jon is one of our SL sons and he’s trouble but we love him! The dog is JP one of our many pets. All the awesome folks are a part of “THE GANG” We are blessed to know such amazing people and I am blessed to have them as part of the Gang for such a long time. Jac and I love you all!!
Tell us about this "Hell on Heels" group, Savvy?
Oh let me tell ya!!! These are some of the sexiest, feisty girls in town! The “Hell on Heels” ladies are dancers for my shows in Second Life. An awesome group of ladies who truly enjoy what they do. All of them are some of my best friends and we all share respect for eachother. Love ya ladies!



I've I had the pleasure to hear your performances many times, and each time, I'm blown away!  Tell us what it's like for you to perform ...
It’s an amazing feeling to perform here in Second Life. To feel the emotions of people miles and miles away. I can have a bad day and after a show I feel awesome! I try my best to put everything I have into each show.
Now, you have some RL family in SL, Savvy?
My RL mother is in Second Life now. She comes to all the earlier shows ... 5pmSLT or earlier and she enjoys the people and music. When the show is over she logs out! Unlike most of us, she doesn’t get wrapped up in Second Life.

Do you do duets with other performers in SL, Savvy?
I have had the honor of live dual streaming or single streaming with a number of Second Life Performers. Wayne Davis, Harry Frychester, Hogan Baily, Tristyn Homewood, Johnny Paramour, Groovin Ghost, Quinty Munro and Dougie Moonites. To link your stream with someone across the country or world is an amazing thing!


Back in March of 2013, you performed as part of Relay for Life - Music Through the Years.  Tell us about the songs you chose for that performance ...
I was asked to do a Patsy Cline Tribute for this event. In the tribute I perform some of Patsy’s most popular singles as well as tell you some of her story. Patsy was a major influence to me and I have performed this tribute in Second Life 37 times!

Recently, I saw you at Club Enchanted Diner.  Do you perform there at Ms. Arlene Bronet's venue often?
I have the pleasure of performing at Ms. Arlene’s venue every other Sunday night at 7pmSLT. Sometimes we have a special guest star appear…. Which is Arlene transformed into Tina Turner! Really fun group of people at Club Enchanted Diner.
Tell us what it was like to win Avi Choice for Favorite Country Singer in 2011 AND 2012?
It was a huge honor and I felt so humbled by the love from the people who enjoy my shows. Taking the time to vote ... just meant a lot to me. I would like to see the Avi Choice Nominations advertised more. Every year it seems it is an issue that people are not nominated. Even to the point where some people who are nominated are criticized. Very sad thing to see in the Live Music community. I will do my part and make sure I share information on my Facebook when I see that the nomination process has started. People love to vote and support their favorite Second Life entertainers. Every time Blake Shelton asks me to vote … I AM THERE!


There's a video on your YouTube , "I'll Take Care of You", what can you tell us about this, Savvy?
Oh my! This video is my first attempt at making a video. I didn’t take much time on it… I wanted to do something to surprise Jac, who is my husband in Second Life. This song was our wedding “first dance” song and means so much to us. Love you Jac!


Here is a video of you performing a popular Reba song, "Fancy".  Who did this video, Savvy?
Robert69 Little did this video. He has done over 2,000 videos for different performers. It’s his passion to do videos for Second Life performers and he does this at no charge. The videos he has done for me have been great tools for me. If you are trying to book a show and they would like to hear you… tada… share these videos! Thanks Robert!!


Pia Klaar has a video of one of your performances from 2011.  What can you tell us about this compilation?
Wow! Pia is very talented! I was humbled when she approached me and said she had recorded a few songs from my live shows. She wanted to put this film together. I took a look at her other work and was so excited to see the end result. It’s an awesome compilation of some of my favorite tunes.
In the same video, at time index 4:05, you sing "Need You Now".  You do a great job with that song, does it get requested often?
Thank you! Need You Now is one of the most requested songs that I cover. It was a major hit for Lady Antebellum and won 4 Grammy’s in 2011. It is definitely one of those tunes I cover that I see the screen fill with “I love this tune” gestures.


Often, you have performances at Nashville Music Row.  That's right in my back door.  Can I hop in the car and drive there to hear you?
Oh we’ll pick you up in the Sin Wagon on our way, don’t you worry!


Where can we get a listing of your schedule, Savvy?
The web tab in my Second Life profile has a link to my google calendar or just go here
You have a song list, that we can get a copy of at one of your shows.  What goes into the selection of which songs you'll sing?
That song list needs to be updated (puts that on her to do list). The song has to feel good, have some meaning and be entertaining. You have to connect with the song.. you are not just singing the song you are living the song.Yes! It’s on my to-do list to get that updated!

What suggestions would you have for someone wanting to dip their toes in the world of live vocal performances?
Take all the help you can get!  Sing with all of your heart and soul, build a good team of people to help you and have some fun!! Also anyone needing some help can always send a message to me in Second Life or find Savannah Coronet on Facebook.

You know one of my favorites is "Sweet Home Alabama".  What are your favorite songs to perform?
Man bashin tunes…. Just kidding! I will name one…Purple Rain! I love them all and depending on the day,mood,moon cycle LOL my favorites change constantly… ok I confess I LOVE singing Lady Antebellum’s single Downtown. I can’t help but to smile and dance around when I sing that one!


Thank you very much for your time, Savvy and I look forward to seeing your next performance!



2 comments:

  1. Great interview. Nice to get to know Savvy, what a great lady, with an amazing voice. Love when she sings NYN by, Lady A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome interview!! I fell inlove with Savannah's voice at the first time I saw her perform, a friend invited me to one of her Patsy Cline Tributes, and I was hooked 3+ years later still am. A refreshing and out going performer should never miss her performance. Thank you for being you Savannah...smiles

    ReplyDelete