Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Sho Kyong

This week we are getting to know a lady that prides herself in being a designer, performance artist, and the owner of *SK* Designs.  She is a blast to talk with and I invite you to join us as we get to know Sho Kyong.









Tell us about yourself, Sho.   
In RL I'm an artist, craftsman, photographer and designer.
In SL I'm an artist, craftsman, photographer and designer.


You've been around SL for almost eight years now.  What are some of the most memorable moments you've experienced?
Hard to name just one experience. I'd say the best part is the people.  The place is lousy with artists, musicians and creative people from all over the planet.  I have made friends in SL that I have been fortunate to meet in RL as well.  I love the fact that I can enjoy live music every night with out having to leave my home.  I enjoy building and visiting amazing Art builds by other builders.


How did you get started in design work, Sho?
When I was a noob I thought SL was a "game" so it seemed if you wanted clothes, a nice skin, an AO (I didn't know what that was but I wanted one) you had to make lindens.  I found an online tutorial on how to make T-Shirts. I would camp and then use those lindens to upload textures. I have always loved theatrical and ethnic clothes, so as my skills improved I started to make colorful costumes for role play.


So in your profile, Sho, it says that you design and make clothes for the adventurous woman.  What does that mean?
One of my largest following are women who battle and sail on pirate sims. My specialty is outfits that are sexy and low lag. many of my dresses come with "battle britches" so you can remove your skirt and still look stylish as you sink your enemies. My group tag is "Dressed To Kill" which I think explains it all.



Do you also design clothing for men?
I have made some men's clothes, but honestly I really prefer to cater to women, sorry guys.




















You have a few bikinis in your design line-up, tell us about those.
Well I just made a few for my self...and I couldn't stop. They are fun to make.















Do you work with mesh in your clothing designs?
Mesh is wonderful, and I love it!  I use some mesh add-ons, like ribbons ties and accessories.  I have Mesh outfits for petites, and have slowly been adding some mesh to my line.  The peasant skirts I'm known for however move in a way that mesh doesn't at least not yet.



You have an inworld store, Sho, what's the store location?
*SK* Design is on the Night Whispers sim












Do you have your items available on Marketplace, Sho?
Yes! I have well over 100 outfits for sale...honestly I lost count.











What are you best-selling items?  
Pirate, Wench and Gypsy wear.





Do you wear your own designs?
Yes I do. But I also love to wear outfits by other SL designs as well.








Sho, you also have a nearly free gift, that you offer inworld?
There is always a nearly free gift!   It's never for sale but is of the same quality of what I do sell.  It may be lingerie or a swimsuit.  I have given away gowns.  The gifts are exclusive, I don't repeat them, and they never are seen again!














You are also a performance artist in Second Life.  Tell us about your work, Sho.
I have been a soloist now with Guerilla Burlesque for about 2 years. I do a lot of the promotional posters and "pin ups" of our crew.  I have also done some choreography and costuming for live concerts at the Idle Rogue (GB's home sim)




What can a visitor expect when attending a show at Guerilla Burlesque?
Guerilla Burlesque is one of the most amazing events in SL. Each week We present new and unique performances.  Most dancers spend two weeks or more creating a set and a dance for 4 mins of  jaw dropping "wow."  Do not expect a strip show with cheesy emotes. It is performance art, dance and dazzle, smoke and mirrors and special effects!




There's a video that was made showcasing some of your performance at Guerilla Burlesque, tell us about your experience with this ... 
Fuzz on Acid is a friend of mine and Guerilla Burlesque. He was kind enough to film one of my live performances at a GB show.


What's your experience with building, Sho?
I build my own sets for my performances, sometime cannibalizing from something I find in SL, sometimes I build from scratch.


What do you like do in SL when not designing or performing at Guerilla Burlesque?
I love to go listen to live music, Hang out with friends for spontaneous silliness, and of course shopping!  After all isn't SL really about the pursuit of shoes and hair?


Sho, thank you so much for your time and letting us get to know you better!

1 comment:

  1. I am a huge fan of sho's. She is not only a great designer for clothes but she builds the most amazing and creative stages on the grid. She had truly enhanced my friday night show with her fun builds. Great article. Well deserved.

    ReplyDelete