Friday, August 30, 2013

Juliet Tairov

This week we are meeting a special lady that is a model, designer, business professional, and instructor.  Pull up a chair and let's get to know Jules Tairov.



Tell us about Juliet Tairov (Juliet Belgar) ... who is she and what is she like?
Well there are many characteristics of Juliet. She is a friend, wife, business partner and an entrepreneur. I am very passionate about SL fashion and providing opportunities. During my time in SL, I have been part of several start-ups or collaborations. I am also fascinated by people’s creations and how people use SL platform to flourish their skills. Some vital qualities friends would say about me is that I can be pretty a candid, quiet and reserve.  But on a laughing note, I carry myself as a princess, according to my friends. Additionally, I am terrible at local chat according my husband Garik Tairov.


What brought you to SL, Jules?
A friend of mine who was on another chat platform introduced me to SL in 2007. She told me about SL and I was never exposed to a virtual world before or collaborating with people in this type of environment. So I took the opportunity and have been on SL since 2007.


You're current profile photo is by Louflor Moo, do you work with her often?
Louflor Moo is one of SL's top photographers. She is the only one who does my profile pictures and important modeling photos



You're co-owner of meshTheory with Risa, how did that venture begin?
Honestly, by force (giggles). Risa is an exceptional designer for SL children’s clothing and graphic artist. We met from a funny situation and became great friends. Nonetheless, with my modeling background and her design clothing, we both knew we wanted to explore mesh adult clothing. Through much collaboration and pressure I put on her, she could not resist me. (Laughs)

In all sincerity, every time you want to make any important decision such as starting an endeavor, there are two possible courses of action. You can look at the array of choices that present themselves, pick the best available option and try to make it fit. Or, you can do what the true entrepreneur does: Figure out the best imaginable opportunity and then make it available. So, we basically launched meshTheory in one day. We had the logo, store, location and ideas of designs.


Do you manage the business aspect of meshTheory?  
Yes, I have a strong background in business development, which provided me the skills to think creative about how to market meshTheory. I also have my connections in the fashion industry here in SL. My background as a model enabled me to worked with designers, artist and other entrepreneurs.


Tell us some about what the business side entails ...
The business developing entails marketing, networking and promoting of meshTheory.  I partake in many venues that provide events for the fashion industry here in SL. Furthermore, thoughtful what customer’s demands are and what areas of fashion in SL have gaps, which is men’s clothing.  


You also do some design work, Jules?
Of course, I also design the clothing along Risa. We both have different ideas and styles and are able to incorporate them together successfully. Risa does all the packaging and marketplace, so that is why mostly everything is under her name. But we collaborate on everything and make decisions as a team. Even become extremely honest when we don’t like something each other designed.


meshTheory has a presence in The 24, what can you tell us about that experience?
The 24 event, has worked okay for meshTheory, which enabled us to have some new releases and a exclusive outfit for the event.














There are many hunts in SL, does meshTheory participate in any?
We have been apart of many hunts and enjoyed them. One of my favorites has to be “The boys of Summer” because it was extremely successful for meshTheory. We welcome hunt organizers and love to get involve.


















Jules, you are also a model.   How long have you been modeling?
I started modeling in 2011, and have enjoyed every opportunity.
















Did you take any kind of training to work as a model?
Yes, I signed up with a school called MODA modeling School. MODA has an intense program that teaches student all aspect of modeling and how to market one self as a model. The team at MODA was amazing and provided with the essential skills to be a model.





You are part of MODA modeling school, tell us about that ... 
Yes, after I completed my schooling, I was able to apply and tryout for their Primetime Team, which is an exclusive modeling team that does runway shows. I am also an instructor for the school.













How would a person get started if he/she wanted to be a model?
There are many modeling school in SL, the trick is finding the right one that is a fit for them. Many blogs and groups can provide people information on what schools have a good reputation. It’s important to be diligent and research the right modeling schools because many claim they are modeling schools but don’t teach the student the right skills. I was perplexed by how many students were already models but didn’t learn how to walk on a runway. So they came to MODA and learned.


What do like to do in SL when besides business and modeling?
Spend my time with my loving husband Garik Tairov or at one of his DJ set.








You've started a group for mesh designers, what can you tell us about that? 
The group is called meshFashion, which is a platform for all mesh designers, users, builders and people who want to learn more about mesh. The group is also for mesh advertising if you have a store or provide services for mesh.  Best part is that the group is free and hoping it will grow.





Does meshTheory hire others as models for clothing?
Yes, we have some models on staff and also use our customer base. I love to give people the opportunity who sample modeling and get free new releases. I have also used some of the MODA models and bloggers from meshTheory blogger group.



Anything else you'd like to share with us, Jules?
I hope people enjoy meshTheory and know that we are continuously welcoming new ideas and suggestions.


What's the best way to get in contact with you?
Friend request me in SL, Facebook, or email me at belgar.juliet@gmail.com.


Thank you very much, Jules for taking time to talk with us today!  

No comments:

Post a Comment