Friday, July 5, 2013

meshTheory and Little Ones Couture

meshTheory
on SL Marketplace
Little Ones Couture
on SL Marketplace
This is an exclusive interview with Larissa Favell (Risa Resident).  Risa hasn't given a single interview to anyone up to this point, so I am very fortunate to have this opportunity!  She didn't want to do it, and claimed that she is shy.  Though, I reminded her of the first time we met and how she gave me a tour of the stores and her studio.  This interview is an expansion of that and will give you some insight into part of the team behind the success that is meshTheory and Little Ones Couture.  Be sure to visit the inworld stores to see the full line of outfits offered.

You are co-owner of meshTheory and Little Ones Couture with Jules (Juliet Tairov (Juliet Belgar)), how did the creation of your two stores come about?
Little Ones Couture was created back in 2009.  I was a mother in Second Life and I would take my kids shopping.  I didn't like the clothes I'd find and decided to make little kids clothing.  I based the creations off of my real life daughter and how I dressed her.

As for meshTheory, in 2012 Jules had been asking me for about six months to make adult clothing.  I kept saying "no, no no, I don't wanna do adult clothing".  Then the children's clothing business started to slow down and I reconsidered adult clothing.  Jules came up with name meshTheory.  We were throwing names out and that one stuck.  I hopped into PhotoShop and created the logo.  Thus was born meshTheory.

Is there anything that you'd do differently with meshTheory or Little Ones Couture?
No, I find both very enjoyable and it is a lot of fun. I don't have the pressure of trying to make real life money out of this.  I wouldn't change anything at all and I'd do it all the same!

What is your favorite thing about being a designer?
Coming up with the textures for the clothes.

What do you use for your texturing?
Adobe PhotoShop.  I've been working in PhotoShop for over 15 years and I'm still learning! :)   

Have you ever worked as a graphic designer?
Yes, I managed a graphic design team in real life.  My team made the brochures, presentations, and the web site for the company.

What suggestions would you offer someone trying to start out designing in SL?
Do your research about what's out there in the design world.  Research what people really want, ask your friends, for example.  I like Nordstroms, I go to their website for material, look in my own closet, and I ask my friends.  They have a huge amount of input.  Use your sources.

What would you say is your most memorable accomplishments as a designer?
There was a cute little tye-dyed dress that my real life daughter had that i wanted to duplicate.  And ... I did it!  That was two years ago and it is still selling!  As well, the formal dresses in the kids line have been fun and I adore doing those.  People will ask for custom colors and I like doing that.  I love to make my customers smile.

What's the latest line that you are working on?
We just released it!  It is a line of swimwear.  Bikini's for the ladies and trunks for the guys.  It's summer and time for swimming.

The biggest joy in all of this for me is making sure that my customers are happy with what I am giving them.  That is the most important thing to me.  I want them to walk away happy.  I want them to keep coming back.  I want them to enjoy my designs.  I cannot put a price on that.

meshTheory has a VIP group inworld with a small one-time membership fee.  Group membership comes with monthly exclusive members gifts (female and male), occasional sales,  updates, and VIP privileges.

Credits - Risa
  • Bikini:  Bikini 1 - Solid - Red - meshTheory, Bikini 2 - Hawaiian - Turquoise - meshTheory, Bikini 3 - Swirl - Orange Sherbet - meshTheory
  • Hair:  Bikini 1 - Candy - Truth (Red Bikini), Bikini 2 - Bobbie - Truth (Orange Sherbet Bikini), Bikini 3 - Pocahontas - LeLutka (Turquoise Bikini)
  • Eyelashes:  41 Redgrave
  • Eyes:  Eternal Eyes - Hazel - IKON
  • Skin:  Elsa - Dark - Lara Hurley
  • Shape:  Custom - Risa
  • Feet:  Barefeet & Flip-Flops - N-Core
  • Nails:  Ultra Mesh Fingernails - Jamman

Credits - MichaelJay
  • Shirt:  [mT] (meshTheory) Men's T-Shirt 2 Pink
  • Shorts:  [mT] (meshTheory) Men's Plaid Shorts 1 - Blue
  • Skin: Belleza Dylan Tan 2
  • Hair: Redgrave TYLER Dark, Redgrave Tyler Hairbase tintable, BrowsShape TYLER Redgrave
  • Eyes:  IKON Eternal Eyes - Peak
  • Feet:  Latreia Herc Tan
  • Accessories:  MAYWAY Mens Watch - Brown, Titanium Hoop Earring, Multi bead and Leather Cord Necklace, and GG Mens Bracelet strands Black

No comments:

Post a Comment