Friday, July 12, 2013

Twin Ghost

www.twinghost.com
This week's posting is about an artist known as Twin Ghost.   Twin Ghost brings to us a very soulful ambiance that feels natural and soothing.  Take a walk with Twin Ghost and let's get to know him and his musical journey!





Thank you, Twin Ghost, for taking the time out of your schedule to talk with us for a few moments.  As I shared with your inworld manager, Staci (Staciface Schwarz), I welcome the opportunity to highlight the fine work of your musical career.

Tell us about your influences.  Who helped guide you in your musical career to make you the artist that you are today?
I love all kinds of music.   Big soul music fan.  Stevie wonder is a huge influence for me, but so many others as well.  Who helped guide me ... I'd have to say ... me!  Where I come from there are no guides ... it's a working class town.  It's the kind of neighborhood where you had to search and find your own identity.  Music was my escape, my "own" thing.  It belonged to me and no one could take it.  In essence, it's all I ever had.

Music has really helped you see yourself and allow others to see you?
Every single day.

You did a cover of a John Fogerty tune, from when he was with Creedence Clearwater Revival, Who'll Stop the Rain.  Tell us a little about what inspired that cover ... ?
Well, it's a great song and really fun and emotional to sing.  The lyrics are a great snapshot in time, the way people were feeling about the politics at that time, simple and yet still vague enough to be applied to anytime.

What can you share with us about your first album, Twin Ghost - The Album?
Twin Ghost - The Album
I don't know.. it was then.  A pretty homegrown record.  I did most of the raw tracks live in SL (SecondLife) and then layered (multi-tracked) on top.

Let's talk about one of your originals for a moment.  Spirit Dancer, what was the inspiration for this awesome song?
Thank you.  Sometimes I like to leave certain things to the listener.  I'll say this about it:  it came of a real experience that was very traumatic for a lot of people who had to witness it.  The song is asking a few questions.. of course "why", but it's also struggling to understand how a person could go to these extremes.  What is it that drives them so intensely that they are willing to give up there lives and in some cases take others with them?

I understand that you have a new album being released soon, Spirit Dancer.  What can you tell us about this new work of yours?
I'm really excited and proud of it!  It's been a 6 month project, and I had a great group of musicians on it.  A lot of SL cats too ... Voodoo Shilton, Pilgrim Swashbukler aka Pete Mroz, Buckley Moonwall aka Gordon Vincent, Colton Cadell aka Joe Tosolt, and many others.

When will your new album be released, Twin Ghost?
The official release party is in Second Life at the Boom Pony venue (owned and operated by the lovely Kiran Sporg and Andi Karsin) on Saturday, the 13th of July at 7PM PST (SL time).  Boom Pony can be found inworld here.
Release Party!

Cool Facebook picture, by the way.  Captain Picard is one of my favorites.  I could watch STNG over and over!
Haha!  Me too!

Is there a story behind the name "Twin Ghost"?
Yes.
Howlin' Wolf
Son House
Blind Willie
Prince
Sting
Bo Diddy
Slim Harpo
Guitar Watson
Muddy Waters
Twin Ghost!
:)

How often do you have live performances in real life?
All the time.  I play solo gigs at least once or twice a week now.  I play with the full band a couple times a month.



TwinGhost Ronas

How often do you perform inworld (in Second Life)?
Three or four times a week.



Do you perform duets inworld, as well?
I do.  I dual stream with a couple cats in SL all the time, also triple stream with them as well.  Funky Freddy Republic, Voodoo Shilton, and Colton Cadell.  Always a blast! 



Where can we purchase your music?
The easiest way is from my website, www.twinghost.com.  Click on Music, then follow the links. 

A lot of artists today are using social media to help promote themselves, do you have a presence on Facebook or another place?
Yes, I am on Facebook, Twitter, Reverberation, and Youtube.

What nuggets or words of wisdom could you offer to someone with the dream of being a musician?
Well ... be true to yourself and pure at heart and you will never fail at your own personal art.
There are no mistakes only missed opportunities.  Don't be afraid.  And finally, don't litter.


What is the best way to reach you for bookings and/or private house performances?
In SL, contact Staciface Schwarz or Jamie Parkin.  In RL, I can be contacted at twinghost@comcast.net.

Thank you again, Twin Ghost!  Now it's time for some tea.
"Tea.  Earl Grey.  Hot." 


No comments:

Post a Comment