Friday, July 26, 2013

nDisPose

This week's interviewee has got some balls, let me tell you!  Big ones, little ones, pink ones, and blue ones!   Hmmm, ... perhaps those statements need some clarification!   









nDisPose is pose store inworld that is owned and operated by the creator of the poses ... Sera Bellic.  I've seen Sera's awesome work inworld and know the high quality poses that she creates.  I had the pleasure of being part of the pre-opening walk through of Sera's new pose store.

In this interview you'll find links to Sera's store inworld, as well as the link to the poses she has on Marketplace.  So, c'mon!  Take a teleport ride to the landing point at Sera's store in Gravity and strike a pose!









Tell us a little about yourself, Sera.
Well I love to create, for me it's relaxing. I have very electric taste and I like to challenge myself with different things.


What inspired you to journey into the world of pose creation?
I saw a blip on the news about Second Life, came on and was hooked.  I have been in SL for 6 years and learned very early on that that I was born to create so to speak. It's cheaper to create here than in the real world.. :)   So this is my creative outlet.




Tell us about the name.  Is there a story behind nDisPose?
I use to have a store called LICK, when I began making poses, I wanted to separate the two businesses.  I had just joined Facebook and put it out there looking for names for my business. I got several good ones and this is the one I choose.


The little guy on the logo, he's interesting.
LOL, thank you.  When looking for a logo, I went to the Internet.  I searched pose ball dummy's and found several.  I just fell in love with this guy.  My logo has changed over the years but the guy remains the same.


How long has nDisPose been around?
About three years since its inception, but as a serious business, a year and half.  


nDisPose is now at a new location, when did you open there?
It opened officially on Monday, 7/22, on the Gravity sim.  Here is the map location.


What kind of poses do you create, Sera?
 I started creating poses for my own personal use.  I love taking pictures in SL and often found amazing sims but could not find either poses I liked for a specific setting or I could not rez on the sims. So, I started making poses.  At first, it was very random, just whatever I wanted for personal use.  As my inventory grew with poses, I decided to open a pose store. Then I decided I wanted to make poses that were fun, flirty, realistic looking.  Something for the photographer in all of us.





Speaking of fun and flirty, any special story behind "Country Love" or "Taken"?
Country Love:  I found this great pickup that I loved and wanted to do something with it.  I was not really thinking of poses right then.  But often like many of my poses, one idea spun off into a direction of it's own and "Wala!" ... Country Love was born.  As for Taken, smiles ...  I was partnered to a great guy at the time and was all about cozy sexy poses and created it for us to take some pictures.




What about "Carnaval" and "Attitude"?  Any story behind those?
Smiles, Attitude was my very first pose.  A good friend of mine had entered a contest for a clothing store and wanted me to do his picture.  So I went to one of my favorite sims.  Sadly no longer in SL, but it was called "The Mother Road".  I made the pose of him leaning against the church wall with a cig hanging out of his mouth in a leather jacket.  Bad boy kinda look.

As for Carnaval, that was made originally for Annie Melson, she owns Just Because.  I believe you know her.  We started working together a while back.  When she has a new collection to release, I create the set and make the poses for her.



Now for another fun and flirty one ... Fireman.  Surely there's a story there, Sera.  :)
Grins.  Well I had made a series of "Pin Up Girl" poses, vintage and decided the girls needed something to drool over.  Laughs.  Only fair.  Cowboy, Fireman, and a few more not released yet were made.


Oh so more eye candy for the ladies are in the works?
HELLO... LOL, of course!







One of your poses, Passion, pretty much speaks for itself.
Smiles, it does.  That was my first try at a bit more then PG rated.






Surfs Up is a very nice "guy" pose, I like that one a lot.
That is also part of the "eye candy", if you will, collection.  I have a few more surfer poses for both the guys and girls in the works.










What can you tell us about Troubled?
I am inspired by all kinds of things and people. A friend inspired me to make it. I think at times we are all troubled and well at that time, it was what was in my heart



Without giving away any secrets, can you walk us through the process of creating a pose?
I use a tool in world. I prefer those over the programs that can be used outside of SL.  I basically stand on a pose stand and manipulate my avatar into the position I want.  Sadly with the inworld tools there are probably more limitations on what or how far you can manipulate an Avi.  But over time I have learned little tricks to achieve some of the same effects.


Little tricks, that sound intriguing.  :)
Grins.  A girl has to have some secrets.  Winks.


What permissions do you set on the poses you create, Sera?
On single poses I make them copy.  O
n couples or groups they are mod copyso they can be adjusted for each Avi's height and size.  If someone wants a transfer item, I will sell them one without hesitation.



Do you have your poses on Marketplace?
I do have some there, here is the link ... nDisPose on Marketplace.  Honestly I need to update and put all of them on there.  I love creating.  I hate the technical end of things.  And to me MP is technical.  LOL.  


Do you favor the Reviews that are available on Marketplace?
Yes and no.  Let me explain.  Positive reviews are a no brainier.  Negative reviews ... sometimes people have a problem and it's not necessarily an issue with how it was designed but more end user and they do not contact the shop owner for assistance or help.  The names used are not SL Avi names so you can't contact them to try to help them.  I personally go out of my way to help my customers, ... to make sure they are happy with their purchase.  I am from the old school.  Without them, I would not have an SL business.


Sounds like you know a thing or two about customer service?
Laughs ... Well, yes.  I was a customer service manager RL for many many years.  I still take some calls that have been escalated in my RL work.

If you were offering suggestions to someone that wanted to start working with poses, what would those be?
Have lots of patience.  It take time to master the tools of the trade.  I am still learning and a second pair of eyes is always a good thing.









Your store, LICK, do you still operate it and what can you tell us about it?
I love LICK.  No I closed it.  LICK was about just fun stuff, home decor.  It started out with regular furniture and ended with redneck grunge stuff.  I just got bored with doing the same stuff.








When you are not working on your latest items, what do you do for fun in SL?
I love to explore and take pictures, create settings for pictures.  I enjoy live music venues, dancing, and just having fun with old and new friends.


Sera's beautiful home


Credits - Sera:
  • Skin - Belleza Elle BR SK Cleavage
  • Shape - custom by Sera
  • Eyes - MADD Bruised Sea
  • Hair - Truth Savina w/Roots Pecan
  • Blouse - Blueberry Mesh Knotted T-Shirt
  • Skirt - COCO Pleated Mini Skirt Red
  • Feet - N-Core Barefeet with flip flops
  • Jewelry - League Raven Necklace old silver
  • Accessories -  COCO red leather belt, GA mesh Lashes Mysteria

Credits - Michael Jay:
  • Skin - Belleza Dylan Tan 2
  • Eyes - IKON Eternal Eyes Peak
  • Hair - Redgrave TYLER Dark
  • Shirt - meshTheory Men's Tee Shirt 3
  • Shorts - meshTheory Men's Beach/Swim Boardies
  • Feet - Latreia Herc Tan
  • Jewelry - GG Mens Bracelet Strand, Multi bead and Leather, Titanium Hoop Earring
  • Accessories - Redgrave Hairbase Tintable


No comments:

Post a Comment